Sunday, July 21, 2013

I Long

Another poem exercising my 'right brain.'  I hope you enjoy!

I Long
By Biz Gainey

I long
Awake.
I lay
   yearn
   desire
   long!

A well kept day secret 
   weeps in 
   a crevice in the night.
Warming
Haunting
Burning!
Quenched and parched
   Filled and thin!

Is this as it should be
    as it ought?
For when one longs no longer
    does one cease?  Is one dead?
No, numb.
Starved by addiction
Filled by angst;
Thined
Hollowed
Shallowed
Wearied
Worn!

I long and hear
"I thirst."

I too thirst
Yet I bleed not;

I thirst
Yet I sacrifice not;

I thirst
Yet I strain not;

"I thirst"
His thirst is
Thirst aright.

I thirst.
My thirst is
Tilted bent;
Un satisfyingly satisfying
I lay cored
   longing no longer
Agony!

Yet my longing lurks!
In my longing I see
   my only hope;
To be filled by he who thirsts
    who invites.

Drink from a cup
    eat from a table;
Dine, Dine with Me!
Long, but dine!

I long
This is as it ought be;
I drink
I dine with he who thirsts
    fills
    loves me
To thirst for more!

Longing ceased.
Dine with Me!
Drink with Me!
Dine alone no longer!
Drink alone no longer!
I long . . . 

No comments:

Post a Comment